Friday, May 8, 2009

NKOTB

One of the "benefits" of being home in the morning is that I get to watch inane morning television. For example, I am able to make fun of the "news" stories featured on the Today Show such as yesterday's big story that Miss California may be stripped of her crown (gasp, no!) because of some racy pictures of her that have been released. I often wonder if Matt Lauer goes home and cries because he's just posing as a real journalist.

Anyway, today, I got to see New Kids on the Block perform in the summer concert series on the Today Show. I was never a fan of them (probably one of the few 13-year-olds at the time who didn't have their posters all over my bedroom) so their appeal is a bit lost on me. However, I was able to crack a smile as I watched them hopping around on-stage while singing Hanging Tough. I was looking at them thinking, "man, they look like they're getting old." So I just googled Donnie Wahlberg (well, first I had to use Wikipedia to figure out the names of the band members since I'm clueless). He's 40! I guess that makes sense, given that I'm 32 but it was sort of a shock to my system that this "boy band" has actually aged.

1 comment:

Noel said...

Kelly, Kelly, kelly.... Donnie is not yet 40. Not until August 17. Jon is, however. And I didn't have to google it. But I am glad they made you smile. They made me jump up and down and scream while brushing my teeth this morning. Noel was eating breakfast singing along to Hangin' Tough. That's my girl.

Holly (Fleury) Nelson