Monday, December 7, 2009

What About This Tree?

Yesterday, Kelly and I took Jack to pick out a Christmas tree. Rather than our usual Arlington tradition (stop by the Kiwanis display of pre-cut trees in the CVS parking lot, well after the best ones have gone), we drove out to Urquhart Farms to select our own.

Jack wore his new snowsuit - an all-in-one comforter that protects him from the chill - while I forgot my hat and gloves. It just isnt second nature to me to bring them out. The little lad had a bit of trouble walking, with the extra weight of the suit throwing off his balance.
Still, after about 45 minutes of sizing up trees, we picked out a spruce, chopped it down, and hauled it back to the farm for processing, trussing, and conveyance back to our house courtesy of the Jeep roofrack. It now sits in the garage, awaiting installation and decoration.

Afterwards, Jack, meanwhile, slept for nearly 3 hours. Sans snowsuit, I might add.

No comments: