Sunday, October 12, 2008

City Boy Does Country


With my mom comfortably (?) settled at home, Jack and I decided to go out to the country to visit Andy, Sarah, Marcus, and Deagan. We headed to Heritage Farms where Jack had his first experience with a pumpkin patch, corn maze, and hay ride. We saw elk and buffalo and were able to enjoy the gorgeous fall colors as the trees here look to be close to their peak.

Although Jack slept for much of our visit to the farm, I think he generally enjoyed it. He was not able to share the donuts and cider with us but I think I had enough for both of us! It was a perfect day out (with temps in the mid to upper 70s, which I don't think I've ever seen in Michigan in mid-October!) though we both missed Mick. Maybe we'll do another fall outing with Daddy when we're back in Virginia next week.

Andy also took us to the Manistee National Forest to see the salmon run in the White River, but it seems we were too late this year. The salmon usually spawn from September to the end of October but maybe the warm weather has cut the run short this year.

Photos from our trip yesterday are in our photo album.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love your hair, Kelly!