Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting


We voted!

It took two tries, but we made it happen. I went by myself to the polls around 6:15 this morning (they opened at 6 am) but the line was insane - about 500 people long! I knew Mick had to be to work early, so I came home and decided to go later.

Jack and I then headed out at noon to try again. I packed a bag for us, complete with two bottles, three diapers, two pacifiers, one change of clothes, etc. Wouldn't you know though that I didn't need ANY of it! There was absolutely no line when we arrived so we just walked straight up to the voting booth and voted. Jack received a "Future Voter" sticker - exciting.

Sadly, Mick, Shergar, and Jack all have the same voting privileges: none. If Mick had married me a year earlier, he'd have his dual citizenship by now and would be able to vote, but that's another issue...

We have champagne chilling in the fridge for tonight as we watch the election results roll in.

No comments: