Monday, April 27, 2009

Thank You!

On Sunday, we participated in the March of Dimes' March for Babies. Thanks to all of your generous contributions (and those we are expecting to come in), we raised $1000 and met our goal. That means that in the past three years, Mick and I have raised $3425 for the March of Dimes. We would not be able to reach these ambitious goals without your help. As I said on my March for Babies page, the current state of the economy makes each and every donation so much more meaningful. Please accept our sincere thank you to everyone who made a contribution! (If you would still like to donate, the donation window is open until June 30.)

While preparing for the walk, we were approached by a reporter from the local CBS station. She asked why we were walking and told us to stay tuned to the nightly news as we might be included. Sure enough, we were! The only slight bummer was that they put the name "Kelly Collins" up with a woman who was walking with her husband & healthy twins, who were born at only 27 weeks. Oh well... Here's the clip:


We only ended up doing about half the walk because it was close to 90 degrees out and we were very concerned about Jack. I had lathered sunscreen all over him but we started worrying that he might overheat as babies can't regulate their temperatures as well as we can. Nonetheless, it was a really special day for our family. I signed the "Family Teams" banner, as I do every year, and wrote a little message to Landon. I also made a square for a quilt that will be hung in a local NICU to encourage sick babies to get healthy.

To me, this annual event is one of the best ways I have to honor Landon and to make sure that he did not die in vain. Again, thank you for all of your support.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Kelly, you have always been so well spoken! I suck at interviews. They would never put my babble on TV (unless they wanted to make fun of me)! Anyway, very cool!