Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Things Jack Says...

Tonight Mick and I spent some time assembling a second bed rail to put on the other side of Jack's bed (well, really, Mick did all the work while I repeatedly scolded Jack about teasing Shergar and chasing her around upstairs) as he's now fallen out of bed twice in the middle of the night. The first time, we were able to easily soothe him and get him back down, but last night it was a different story and both Mick and I were up from about 3 am until 5 am and Mick eventually had to sleep with Jack for the rest of the night. (This is when I'm thankful we decided to buy the larger, double bed rather than a single/twin.)

Anyway, once we had the bed turned around and two rails on, I told Jack it was time to start getting ready for bed. His reply? "Yeah, let's get this show on the road." HAH! Clearly he's heard me say that before, though I don't think it's something I say often, but hearing it come from him was fantastic.

Once I had his pajamas on, I asked him to take some trash to the bathroom to throw it out for me. He came back a few minutes later and said, "Mom [yes, he calls me "Mom" now. I don't like it.] I have a question for you. I have toilet paper stuck in my teeth. Help please?"

So I looked and sure enough he had tiny pieces of toilet paper wedged in between three of his bottom teeth. I have absolutely NO idea how it got there (nor do I really want to know). It took me about five minutes to scrape it all out using my thumbnail like a piece of dental floss.

What a funny, funny kid.

Stay tuned for holiday posts, which will make it up here soon... I promise.

No comments: