Sunday, January 22, 2012

Slow Recovery From Knee Surgery

We are on Day 4 of my recovery from knee surgery and everything has gone well so far.

For the most part, I am on 23-hour lockdown - splitting time between the makeshift bed that Kelly organized for the living room, and the sofa next door. I've laid, and slept, with my leg elevated above my heart, and continue to take a variety of pain-killers.

Moving around is very hard. I cannot physically get up and down without assistance - which Kelly and Tom have amply provided - and am tied to an ice machine, which pumps a continuous flow of cold water to my knee. Otherwise, I am not in a great deal of pain. It will come as no surprise that Kelly has been an extremely patient nurse, bringing me refreshments and helping with my every move. Tom (my father-in-law) has been great as well; twice driving the 3 hours from his home in Big Rapids to support us.

I am looking forward to my doctor's appointment this week to see what my next steps will be.

No comments: