Friday, June 20, 2008

Mick's Update

Friday night update from me....Kelly and I are taking the train to New York tomorrow for Josh and Jamie's wedding. Kel has a massage scheduled for mid-afternoon (I'll either take the high road--jogging--or extremely low road--watching the European Championships in a bar); we then have dinner resevations at Fleur De Sel, a well-regarded French restaurant. Sunday will hopefully be a lazy day, with the wedding at 5pm in Manhattan. Kelly returns to DC on Monday, while I'll be flying to Las Vegas (oh the humanity) for another 3-day conference, where I'm speaking with MetLife, one of our clients.

Last weekend, I played my first round of golf in about 10 months. Aughie and I met up in Fredericksburg, about an hour south of DC. It was good to be back on the course after my shoulder injury and to catch up with Aughie--he is currently preparing for his PhD defence (scheduled for June 30!). I hit the ball well but did little around the greens, save for a 20-footer for birdie on one of the par-3s.

Had a CPR class this week, so am now fully qualified to give the kiss of life (or death for that matter) to anyone I see. Not sure that's what Kelly had in mind when she signed me up. I have been practicing my technique on Shergar in exchange for rawhides and trips to the dog park.

Have listened to Coldplay's new single, Viva la Vida, about 500 times in the last 2 days. It will no doubt become an English anthem.

Only 6 weeks to the due date, so we've been busy getting things ready. We've almost settled on names (boy moreso than girl), so keep checking in on this blog to find out what they are.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, good to hear from you. Haven't seen you in a long time. I love the blog. format.

Looking forward to the the big one...the birth story!!

I think it is a boy.

love you three,
aunt janie

Liz Atkinson said...

hey Mick,

glad to see there's more going on for you than there is for me at the minute! It's a typical english "summer": cold and wet! I can't even be arsed to stop at home and clean which is a first!

Julie (from Scarborough)came to stay with us a couple of weeks ago, and then we managed to get Jo down here for a couple of nights the weekend after. Morgan is six next month so Nick and I are taking him and his best mate to Creepy Crawlies: it's a kids indoor play place! Heaven help us!

Anyway, good luck for the big event and make sure you get plenty of photos on here!

Liz