Friday, June 20, 2008

Welcome!

After much dragging of my feet, I have finally decided to jump on the blog bandwagon and to start a blog for our family. My guess is that, with the new addition coming in just a few weeks, I won't have time to send multiple updates to family & friends. Also, if I somehow find time (?!?) to send out all of these e-mails, you may or may not want to read them and have them fill up your inbox.

So, I figured that if we did things this way -- by just starting a blog to keep you updated -- you can each check it at your own leisure. We can also add pictures & video clips here without overwhelming your inbox. If you bookmark this link, you can just check our site every so often to see what's new in our lives.

With everyone so spread out geographically these days, and with air travel becoming increasingly complex, it's probably a good idea to use technology to help us feel more connected. It's no substitute for face-to-face visits, but it will at least get us 50% of the way there.

Enjoy your weekend!

Kelly & Mick

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there,
This is great. I love blogs. I am looking forward to photos. This is so exciting...6 weeks...

Just to be sure you know how to post photos...start now...I want to see the baby bump!
Love,
aunt janie

Christine said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Once I got started I just couldn't stop. It's addictive! But that's exactly why we started one, too.... It's so nice to have a place to send people when they want updates, photos, etc. I will definitely be a regular here! Can't wait to see photos of the baby!