Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One Month


It's been a wonderful, hazy, tiring, rewarding month since Jack arrived. It seems like a lifetime ago that I was admitted to the hospital for labor induction & that Jack made his harried appearance (pun intended!). We continue to learn more about him, to settle into a relatively-stable routine, and have started to distinguish between his cries. He's now sleeping a solid 8 hours at night which has been a tremendous help to both me & Mick. He is quite a predictable chap: he cries when he's tired, overstimulated, hot, hungry, or has hiccups. He's what one of my books refers to as a "textbook baby."

We all dressed up on Sunday morning for brunch with my in-laws. He did quite well at the restaurant (his third meal out!) though we did pass him around to keep him quiet. We took the above photo when we returned home - the first proper family photo (with Shergar) since Jack's arrival.

Here's what we all felt like after the huge meal though:

We are headed tomorrow evening to Michigan for a few days and will be sure to post an update after that trip as we are looking forward to seeing how Jack does on the plane.

He has just awoken from his nap and is calling for his mum so I'm off now! Shergar hates it when I let him cry for a minute or two and is moving between his crib and the sofa (where I am) to let me know that Jack is up. She's a pretty funny dog...

No comments: