Thursday, August 28, 2008

Busy Week

We've had quite an eventful week full of lots of "first" outings for Jack. The good news is that we've survived all of them and are all still in one piece, despite some frazzled nerves and tears (at least on my part & Jack's).

On Monday night, we went out to dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants, Tutto Benne. We were accompanied by Sarah Jane (Mick's sister) and my mom. Thankfully, Jack slept through the entire meal and only started to fuss when we got the check. Maybe he thought the meal should have been on the house?



Tuesday, my mom packed up to leave after having spent 5 weeks with me. To say that it was tough to see her go is a tremendous understatement. I cannot begin to put into words how wonderful it was to have her here, both for me and for Jack (and maybe even for Mick, too.). We are counting down the days (14) until we are in Michigan for our next visit and are able to introduce Jack to the rest of my family.



On Wednesday, I gave Jack a bath entirely by myself. This was a huge accomplishment for me as this has been the one task I've been most nervous about; babies are so slippery when wet! My mom gave me a good tip though to use warmer water than I had been using when she helped me with his baths. She was right: he liked the warmer water and didn't cry at all. Phew! I also took Jack into Mick's office for family day. Jack and I made it in one piece. We were both dressed and clean. These days, that's a big accomplishment for us.



Today, Jack took a long enough morning nap to allow me & Sarah Jane to go to the salon for some pampering while Mick, who was working from home, remained on standby should Jack have a meltdown.

Sarah Jane leaves tomorrow and so it will be my first day alone with Jack. I am a little anxious about how that will go but am looking forward to a three-day weekend with Mick, Jack, and Shergar -- our first time on our own as our new family.

No comments: