Saturday, August 9, 2008

Tired of Waiting

Well, it's now 11 days past my due date, but I'm still not officially "overdue." However, I am definitely ready to have this baby! I am really ready to meet our little one and to see whether he or she has Shergar's mouth (as Mick predicted from an early ultrasound). Also, while I've really hated to complain about the aches and pains associated with pregnancy (aside from the two rounds of PUPPPs, which really did test me), I am now at the point where I just don't think I can take many more nights of hip pain or many more days of hobbling around wherever I walk. But, as I keep reminding myself, if the baby needs a few more days before it's ready to meet all of us, that's okay. Maybe it's taking after its mum (I was 3 1/2 weeks overdue).

I had this song in my head last night as I was trying to fall asleep and it made me smile when I thought of it again today. Truer words have never been spoken!

Thanks to everyone for your support, kind words, and encouragement. Hopefully it won't be much longer!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

This might get posted twice because not sure what I am doing...

But, Kelly - you look beautiful and all pregnant but we can't wait to meet this baby too. I always thought ultrasounds looked like aliens not dogs but who knows. Hopefully if she/he does have a mouth like Shergar's - she at least won't bark. But I am sure drooling is in the future. Take care and lots of love