Sunday, August 3, 2008

Nesting - Everybody's Doing It

Sunday night here and I'm still VERY pregnant. No sign yet of Baby Collins' arrival. We are all just waiting and hoping that the baby decides to make an appearance before I have to be induced on Thursday morning.

My dad arrived on Tuesday night and he and my mom have been extremely busy cleaning every corner of the house, helping with fix-it projects, cooking, and running errands. Here's a picture of my dad using the carpet cleaner; my mom had just finished cleaning the upholstery on both sofas (they don't screw around when they clean!)


On Friday, I read that heavy cleaning often brings on labor. So I joined in with everyone else and cleaned both sides of all the doors in the house with Murphy's Oil Soap. It smelled good and made everything look much nicer.


(While there are no pictures of Mick & my mom, it doesn't mean they haven't been busy around the house; they're just a bit more camera shy.)

I am doing everything I can to encourage the baby to be born: walking, swimming lots of laps, drinking special tea, having acupuncture, trying not to think about it, etc. I think this is probably the first of many times as a parent that I will realize I'm not in control when it comes to my child.

We will keep everyone posted on what's happening. I'm sure a flurry of emails will go around once the baby arrives!

(Note: I think I have figured out how to link to the photos in our Snapfish album. Go to the right side of this page and click on "Photo Album" under "Collins' Links." You may need a room code to access our photos. Just email me (kellyklimek@hotmail.com) or Mick (mickjcollins@hotmail.com) and we'll send it to you. I have added the pictures from my baby shower to the albums.)

4 comments:

Christine said...

Hmmmmm.... I just tried going to your Snapfish album and I got an "Uh oh" message, saying I didn't have access... but there was no place to put a code. Anyone else having trouble?

Jan said...

Kelly, wish I had magic advice for you. Just keep on doing what you're doing. Also, enjoyed the shower pictures.

Jan
p.s. Do your parents hire out???

Grammy 'n Papa Klimek said...

NO, we do not hire out!

Grammy 'n Papa Klimek said...

We haven't only been working...oh, what fun it is to:
Play a poker game Mick's co-workers made up.
Eat the nummy dinners Mick has cooked.
Swim at the neighborhood pool.
Watch cricket/soccer games on TV.
Avoid the heat by locking ourselves in the house.
Swing on the porch swing in the evening with the candles lit and the white Christmas light around the railing turned on.
Swing on the porch swing and read.
Go shopping at 7 corners.
...see, life in the fast lane ain't all that bad!