Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Belated Inauguration Pictures


It's been a hectic couple of weeks, but here are a couple of photos from my trip into DC for the Inauguration. I cycled from our home through Rosslyn and across the Potomac to The Mall. Other than it being incredibly cold, the ride was fun--with many of the roads being closed, I could cycle along previously-inaccessible routes.

I made it to 15th Street, at which point the crowds prevented me getting any further. I turned back and headed to the corner of 17th Street and Independence Ave, from which these photos were taken. We were approximately 1.5 miles from the Capitol site and yet the space was still full of people watching the event on the big screens. The atmosphere was jovial--cheers went up everytime President-elect Obama was pictured.

I watched the ceremony to the conclusion of Obama's speech, then turned and trekked the 6 miles back home. A day to remember, wherever you were.

No comments: