Monday, February 2, 2009

Vacation Memories & Haircut Trauma

I have finally gotten around to posting our vacation photos to Snapfish. Have a look if you are interested in seeing some good photos of Jack! We spent lots of time relaxing and...

Walking on the beach (this really was a candid shot - my timing was just right as the cool water from the Gulf of Mexico splashed up around Mick!)...



Swimming in the pool (this is a video - click on the arrow to play)...


And being together as a family.

We are going to try to get away again this spring as there is nothing better for the mind and soul than relaxation and quality time together for the three of us.

This weekend, Mick decided it was time for Jack's first full haircut. I had held him off as long as possible but I must say that even I started thinking it was cruel to let Jack look the way he did. He couldn't see unless we constantly swept his hair to the side and it was growing so long down his back that people were mistaking him for a girl. Despite my objections (and, yes, even tears), Mick said we needed to not only trim the front & sides but the back as well.


Jack did MUCH better than I did. Notice all the hair we cut off. My mom said we could have used it to make a wig for a bald baby.

I had a hard time saying goodbye to the hair that my little guy was born with, but he does look much better now (sigh... yes, Mick, you were right).

No comments: