Thursday, February 5, 2009

He Sits!

OK, I'm sure this is only a big deal for me & Mick, but Jack sat up unassisted for the first time tonight! His accomplishments always come just after we go to playgroup. In December, I commented to the other moms that I didn't think he'd ever roll from back to front because he's so big. The very next day, he rolled. And he didn't stop (made it halfway across the room before I was able to stop him).

Today, we went to playgroup for the first time since Christmas. Some of the other babies had learned how to sit (although most of them still aren't rolling or creeping as well as Jack is... always the proud mama!) and I was lamenting that Jack had no interest in sitting and no balance - something he's definitely acquired from his totally uncoordinated mother. Sure enough, he and I were just playing around about a half hour ago, waiting for Mick to come home, and:


As you can see, it was hard for me to video and catch him at the same time. So once Mick got home, we had another set of hands to do the recording and we captured this:


My heart swells with pride!

No comments: