Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tonight's Top Ten

On Thursday, we moved. That's right. We packed up the l'il ole 26 foot truck, threw the dog in the cab, and drove to Michigan. Ten hours, several awkward truck stop conversations, and a night in Cranberry, PA later, and we pulled up to our new house in Ann Arbor. With help from Tom n' Trevor (no, not the cartoon characters), we unpacked within 45 minutes and there we were...proud owners of the state's biggest cardboard box repository.

From my perch at the Holiday Inn - Oakville in Toronto (spoke at an event this evening), I thought I'd outline my top 10 list of things I love about our new house.

10. It has stairs. Carpeted ones. That lead somewhere you want to go.
9. The kitchen has an island. Our last house had a coconut called Wilson. Oh god, we're characters in Castaway.
8. We're trying to name rooms. The living room has become the "library" while the downstairs room with the hardwood floor is now the "media room".
7. Guests drop breadcrumbs to find their way back from the bathroom to the "family room"
6. The neighbours are nice; several dropped by in Michigan fancy dress on Saturday. Who knew that Skeletor was a Michigandian?
5. Shergar cant decide where to sleep.
4. Jack cant get into the cabinets. He can, however, run several circuits of the house.
3. Kelly loves it.
2. Even moving a snake from the downstairs window gives me a sense of homeowner pride.

And the Number 1 reason why I love my house is....

1. I have to think through which bathroom to use. Instead of thinking through how to get into our old bathroom.

Giddy up.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Congratulations on the move! Hate that you've moved even further away but glad you now have the room to house your larger collection of family members!