Monday, October 26, 2009

I Won't Miss...

It's rare these days that I say "what I really won't miss about living here is x" as I've been feeling so emotional about the move. However, as I started winding down last night, I thought of two things I definitely will NOT miss about our current home. They are as follows:

Rolling the dishwasher over to the sink, connecting the hose to the faucet, plugging the dishwasher into the socket, and hoping I don't need to get water or get into the fridge for the next 90 minutes.

AND...

Cramming into tiny space in the bathroom to give Jack his bath. Really, neither Mick nor I can kneel at the tub side without splaying our legs out to the side. There just isn't enough room between the tub and the cabinet for long legs. When I was pregnant (like in the 9th month) I had to actually LIFT my belly over the sink to get in and out of the bathroom.

So yeah, there will be some really nice things about leaving Arlington!

2 comments:

Christine said...

OMG you seriously had to move your dishwasher every time you had to run it?!? I think that is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!

Unknown said...

How about the kitchen drawers? The silverware, too heavy, eventually wore out one drawer and had to be moved to another. Or the plugs/lack of...having to move the sofa to plug in the string lights on the porch. Or having electric cords strung along the floor in the living room as that was the easiest plug to get to. (While the three of us were watching Project Runway.)

Or how about the hot radiators you worried Jack would burn himself on; or the lack of closet space. Hey the noise, that was another "feature" of your little cottage...ambulances, busses, motorcycles, trucks, loud cars.

I think I'll miss that little house on the prarie! The front porch with the Adirondak porch swing where I would read, or sit and chat with Kelly; or look with Jack for red cars, school busses, big trucks, or the motherlode, auto transport trucks.

I'll miss rocking my little guy in his bedroom, a room that enveloped me as much as I enveloped him. His first bedroom, paint color (orange!) chosen by his Daddy. That was so sharp! John Lennon decor "imagine" that!

What I won't miss really, now that you're moving I can be honest, is the little room in the basement that Dad and I set up for a guest room...aargh! those centipedes! The heat that was oppressive when we ran the dryer too late; the too cold winter nights when I blew the fuse with the space heaters. All of this will be remembered by me with fondness.

Tears shed for each move.