Sunday, August 1, 2010

36 Hours with Daddy

After having spent much of the last three weeks visiting my parents while Mick has been doing a TON of travel, we are all home together this weekend for some much-needed family time. The time is limited though: Mick returned home from a week in San Francisco at 2:00 am Saturday morning and he leaves this afternoon around 3:00 for the airport for another business trip.

Prior to Mick's arrival home here Saturday morning, I calculated that Mick had seen Jack a total of three days since July 12 and has only had five full days at home since then. He's been piling up those frequent flier miles though with trips to Boston, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, upstate NJ, and San Francisco. Tonight he heads to New Jersey for an early-morning meeting tomorrow and then he's off to Manhattan for a Tuesday meeting. He returns home Tuesday night (hooray!) and doesn't have any more air travel until then end of August.

With Mick away for so much of the last few weeks, it gave me and Jack the perfect opportunity to go spend some time with Grammy & Papa without missing out on Daddy time. It was SO nice to have my parents' help with Jack in the mornings and the evenings. He's a handful - definitely giving me a run for my money as he makes his way into the "two's." It's hard to believe his second birthday is coming up in less than two weeks!

We've got a fun August planned with a visit from Mick's mum for a few weeks as well as five days away up north with my family. The one mandate for Mick is some much-needed R&R. I'll be ensuring that the golf clubs make the trip up to our vacation destination - he deserves a break!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I must say that it sounds like YOU deserve a break as well! I hope he has something planned for some uninterupted "Kelly Time".