Friday, July 11, 2008

The Office


With all of our staff in town for training, several team members threw a surprise baby shower for Kelly and I, even going to the length of having Kelly come over from her office. I had no clue it was being planned, as was obvious from the look on my face when I rounded the corner and spotted cake and presents.

I thought for a moment that it was my 7th birthday, but quickly realized that it was a party for the soon-to-be-delivered bairn. Encouraging the team to crack open some wine (we may as well be civilized!), we proceeded to unwrap our numerous gifts in front of a steadily depleting audience--many took the chance to reconvene a game of the infamous Pai Gow.

The consensus favorite toy? A sheep in the style of a Wallace and Gromit character....however, this one plays whale sounds. Yes indeedy; some wise guy product developer thought that adding the sounds of a dying whale to a farm animal would be MONEY! I predict that our toddler will wake up sweating one night, eyes darting around the room to find out why we now live in a submarine.

Despite such shenanighans, the party was very generous and my co-workers watched with looks of "Good On Ya!" in their eyes. Or disappointment. I couldnt see.

1 comment:

Grannie C said...

Think I'm on the wrong page but never mind. Lovely pictures of baby's room. You had me believing the trees story.I was about to put in an order for a sideboard.You look very well,kelly, and after seeing the pictures I now think the baby is going to weigh 15lbs, so will have to adjust my bet.