Thursday, July 3, 2008

Week 36 Appointment

Mick & I went in this afternoon for my weekly appointment (I now go once/week until delivery). Baby's heartbeat was nice & strong, I confirmed that the baby has been extremely active over the last week (maybe it figured out that it gave us all a scare?), and my blood pressure was normal. My midwife confirmed that I have indeed dropped and said that the pressure I've been feeling lately is the baby moving down. She suggested that things could start moving in as early as a week and a half. But Mick and I think she was kind of joking. We hope (!!!!).

We did have a very brief discussion about what would happen if I hadn't delivered by August 3 when my midwife leaves for vacation. I really want her present at the birth. There will be a few options open to us (induction, going naturally & being delivered by an OB from her practice) but we aren't going to worry about them yet as I'm still 3 1/2 weeks from my due date.

Other than that, the appointment was pretty standard. Mick even had an opportunity to poke fun at the giant list of questions I had prepared. I would be lost without my lists...

Next appointment is on Monday for my first full-term checkup and then I have an ultrasound on Wednesday to check the baby's size. My midwife does not think that the baby is "huge" (as some of my acquaintances have suggested).

So, that's the news that's fit to print for now...

Have a nice 4th of July & three-day weekend. While everyone else celebrates our independence from Britain, Mick will be sure to remind me that everything in America that is good has come from the Motherland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And he is, of course, perfectly correct!

I'll keep reading in anticipation!

Kate